Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Around the house

Our first meal at the apartment. This is probably also the first meal I've made completely without the use of a microwave. Apparently, they're too expensive to have. So that begs the question: what in the world is costing so much in this apartment? The heat only works some of the time, we run out of hot water after one and a half showers, we have no microwave or TV, and we're in the sketchiest area of town. But hey, we're dirt poor. My roommates and I eat bread, cheese and butter for dinner almost every night-- rarely anything else.

Let's be honest: it shouldn't cost over 10 euros to wash clothes. And yet....
This city is determined to send me to the poor house.

Clearly, I'm not the most talented person in domestic tasks. So I had to give myself props when I helped make the most complicated meal I've ever attempted: eggplant parmesan.

Then we branched out again and made a very successful bruschetta!

No comments:

Post a Comment